** This position is currently not accepting applications **
Visit the Work From Home Me Job section for work from home companies that are hiring. Learn more about the companies, job descriptions, pay and how to apply.
‘If you would like to learn more about jobs with this company, visit the American Express Work From Home Job section on WorkFromHomeMe.com.
American Express has a job posting for a work from home travel counselor (job ID 1210592). This job is for experienced travel counselors. This position is open to applicants in Nevada (Las Vegas-Paradise Area, which includes Clark County). You must be available to work 3 a.m. to 12 a.m., Monday through Sunday.
Job posting from the AmericanExpress.com web page:
Travel Counselor 1 – Work At Home – Las Vegas, NV-1210592
A successful Travel Counselor within American Express Consumer Travel Network (CTN) has a passion for delivering extraordinary service to our Premium Cardmembers, in a customer contact center environment, who deserve and expect the ultimate in travel experiences.
Our Travel Counselors are highly skilled and motivated, providing leisure travel services to the most affluent American Express Cardmembers. Our Travel Counselors act as consultants, tailoring our products and services to create a unique and memorable vacation experience.
We want extraordinary Travel Counselors who can surpass our customer’s expectations by creating travel experiences of a lifetime.
As an American Express Travel Counselor, you will be responsible for:
- Creating memorable travel experiences for our customers by booking leisure travel with a key focus in domestic and international destination air, car and hotel travel arrangements
- Delivering on the American Express Brand promise every day
- Being accountable and taking ownership of the customer’s experience from beginning to end
- Staying ahead of industry trends and continuously building destination knowledge
- Creating innovative ways to resolve customers’ issues or concerns to win their loyalty and travel spend; ultimately making loyal enthusiast out of the customer, so they will recommend American Express Travel to others
Extraordinary starts here, extraordinary starts with you. Apply online today. www.americanexpress.com/careers
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
A successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year recent experience selling domestic and international travel services
- Strong international air booking experience is required; in combination with car and hotel highly preferred
- Computer reservations experience required, Sabre is preferred
- Extensive domestic and international destination knowledge, including knowledge of emerging destinations
- Exceptional communication skills, delighting the customer with every single interaction
- Passion for serving customers with proactive solutions
- Effective strong consultative selling skills and the ability to listen to the customers’ needs, in turn offering confident recommendations, resulting in high satisfaction from the customer with the service they received
- Ability to remain cool under pressure and successfully multi-task while developing rapport with customers is essential
- Must be resourceful and capable of using the Internet effectively, to research destinations
- Have a can do attitude, curiosity and a healthy competitiveness
- Adapt to an ever changing environment and being resilient
- Previous call center experience is preferred
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights and weekends is essential
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Candidates must be available to work between the hours of 3am – 12am, Monday – Sunday (7 days / week). Hours of operation may change due to business need.
Although this position is considered Work at Home, the candidate must reside within the
Las Vegas-Paradise, NV Metropolitan Statistical Area which includes Clark County.
If you would like to learn more about this job with American Express, visit the American Express Work From Home Travel Counselor – Nevada job page on AmericanExpress.com.